Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Daytripping to Oxford, Day 2

Day 1 of my daytripping adventures was spent researching at the Bodleian Library.
Day 2 was my fun day!
The bus stop at Victoria Station for the Oxford Tube,
a 24/7 bus service between London and Oxford
Someone put little silhouttes like this all over town.
the Ashmolean Museum--which merits its own post, and will have it in a moment
The Eagle and Child, or Bird and Baby, Pub
Where the Inklings (including C.S. Lewis and Tolkien) met
I roamed around inside and saw the Rabbit Room, where the Inklings met,
but there was no room to be had, so I ate lunch elsewhere
looking down busy Cornmarket Street
This made me laugh, as did most attempts at Tex Mex
The Oxford University's Natural History Museum,
which also will  have its own post

No comments:

Post a Comment